I found this photo online and had to share it with you!! These two are my favourite ingredients for cakes (not combined though).
Here is my recipe for a great gluten-free banana cake (with coconut flour):
- 3/4 cup of almond meal
- 1/4 cup of coconut flour
- 3/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 3 very ripe bananas (about 1 cup of mashed banana)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp of maple syrup (or honey for SCDers)
- 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts, (optional)
How to bake:
- Preheat your oven to 350° F/175° C.
- Blend all the dry ingredients together with a table spoon.
- In a blender, add the wet ingredients together, blend well, and then mix them into the dry ingredients.
- Place a parchment paper into your baking dish and pour your batter into it. I don’t like to grease my baking dishes, but you could do it if you’d like.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until browned and a toothpick inserted in the middle of the bread comes out clean.
Tip: You can also make capcakes from the same batter, just pour it into cupcake liners instead of into a baking dish.
Enjoy your gluten-free treat!