I have to give the credit for this recipe to my brother in-law’s wife, Oshrit Palvanov, who taught me how to get the burnt aroma from the eggplant.
Here is her recipe:
Prep time: 10 minutes
3 small eggplants
6 garlic cloves minced
Salt (to taste)
A handful of chopped cilantro to garnish
1. Cut the eggplants lengthwise in four different places (be careful not to cut to deep, just up to the centre/heart of the eggplant) and place on a roasting pan
2. Broil (55o degrees) for and hour and a half
3. Remove eggplants from the oven and let them cool
4. After eggplants cooled completely, cut them in half and with a spoon scrape the inside into a medium bowl.
5. Crush eggplant with a fork until you get everything well mixed and no big replica watches chunks can be seen.
6. Mix in the garlic, salt and cilantro. Put in the fridge for a few hours.
Serve cold. Enjoy!